- Luxury Travel
- Budget Travel
- Trip Coach
We’re Mike & Anne Howard, two American newlyweds who thought a ten-day honeymoon wasn’t nearly enough to celebrate a new life together. With a little bit of savings, no kids, and good health, we figured there was no better time to travel than now. So we quit our jobs, rented our apartment, and set out on a 675-day honeymoon around the world. Using Anne’s background as a magazine editor and Mike’s as a digital media strategist and photographer, we started HoneyTrek.com to share our journey of love, life, and adventure.
Our Route: 6 continents, 33 countries, 302 places
Our travel philosophy has always been to go places too far to visit while we have jobs and too rugged to do when we’re old. Don’t try to see everything. Move quickly but thoroughly. Have a plan to guide us, but don’t let an itinerary bog us down.
South America:Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Bolivia, Peru
Africa: South Africa, Lesotho, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya
Asia: Nepal, China, Japan, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Indonesia
Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
Europe: Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, England, Norway, Turkey
Sometimes other people say it better. Check out our HoneyTrek features and interviews on Condé Nast Traveler, Mail Online, The Los Angeles Times, and other media outlets in our Press section.
- Huge love to Honeymoons.com for helping us experience and share some of the world’s most honeymoon-worthy accommodations
- SteriPEN water purifier for allowing us to not crack the seal on a single plastic bottle of water in the last 21 months of our trip
- Our web hosting company BlueHost for keeping HoneyTrek.com up and running
Come along for the ride!
Sign up for our email newsletter to get inside scoop on the amazing places we go and follow us on social media to catch our most recent adventures.
Email Updates: http://www.honeytrek.com/subscribe
Google Plus: http://Plus.Google.com/+HoneyTrek
Wanna do your own HoneyTrek?
We’ve decided to take all we’ve learned from our two years on the road and launch HoneyTrek Trip Coach, an in-person guide to long-term travel. We hope to help more people take this life-changing leap and explore this beautiful planet. If you’ve ever dreamt of experiencing the world’s wonders, watch our video below and check out HoneyTrek.com/TripCoach for more info.
We look forward to hearing from you!
General Questions: Info@HoneyTrek.com
Press & Speaking Inquiries: Press@HoneyTrek.com
Trip Coach Inquiries: TripCoach@HoneyTrek.com
Trip Coach Hotline: (888) 852-9383 (9am-9pm EST)
2. Get the HoneyTrek Newsletter
4. Keep in touch on Facebook
5. Latest from @HoneyTrek
6. Check out our supporters
7. Popular Postsarchitecture beach best of biking boat chile City Guide city living culture elephant elephants festival fish fishing food friends glacier hike Hikes hitchhike homestay hotels in transit islands Jungle kayak lake motorbikes mountains natural wonders packing river road trip safari temple temples trek trekking Trip Coach trip planning Videos vineyards Water Adventures wine You Know You're In...