- About Us
- Makin It Happen
With Machu Picchu as the trump card, Peru is more touristy than any other country we visited in South America but it’s not without its rugged charms. From our journey up through Lake Titicaca, Colca Canyon, Arequipa, Cusco to Lima…You know you are in Peru when…
- Ancient ruins are so commonplace they double as playgrounds
- When church service is held atop the deepest canyon in the world and communion is taken with jungle juice
- A national statue is commissioned to be built with a crown of flames and instead is interpreted as a hat of llamas
- You secede from the government by building your own island state out of reeds and rope
- The staple soft drink, Chicha morada, is a concoction of purple corn, cinnamon, and lime.
- The local beer is fermented corn brewed in the bathtub (below)
- You get pulled you over not for a traffic violation but to join in for a town-wide dance party (above)
- Llamas reign supreme
- When the entire taxi stand looks like they were featured on pimp my rickshaw
- You have to spend three days in Cusco museums just to acclimatize to the 15,000-foot elevation
- The stone ruins are so massive and bountiful they put Stonehenge to shame
- Lava rock is so abundant you have to build a city like Arequipa just to get rid of it.
- The ceviche so cheap and plentiful, blue stone crab is a garnish
Get the HoneyTrek Newsletter
Follow @HoneyTrek on Twitter
Keep in touch on Facebook
Where are Mike & Anne now?
Popular Postsadventure sports architecture beach best of biking boat Bolivia brazil camping chile City Guide city living crampon elephants fish fishing food glacier hike Hikes hitchhike hotels in transit island islands Jungle kayak lake lions mountains natural wonders patagonia river road trip safari SeeingDesign temple trek trekking Video vineyards Water Adventures waterfalls wine You Know Your'e In...
Read HoneyTrek in many languages
Our HoneyTrek Began...
- 487 days ago