Argentina may be the most well-rounded country out there. World-class cities, extreme mountain peaks, world wonder waterfalls, epic glaciers, and coveted vineyards…we fell in love with it all in our 5,969 miles (plus 2,365 miles by flight) traveling around this massive country.
Not without its quirks, you know you are on the one-and-only Argentina when…
- The waterfalls are so big they span into neighboring countries
- The tango clubs rock so hard even the octogenarian are our out dancing until 3am
- People tend to march to their own drummer (especially in the nuclear non-proliferation town of El Bolsón)
- No band is complete without an accordionist (or four)
- Dulce de leche finds its way into every dessert, breakfast food, or snack
- Maté tea is such a national pride, anyone–bus drivers, school teachers, and total strangers–would give you a sip off his straw for you to experience it
- There are so many penguins you feel under-dressed in anything less than a tuxedo
- You’re so far south, the next stop is Antarctica
- Lakes are so blue you’d think their source was the Caribbean ocean
- The roads are so rugged, a tire change is built into your Route 40 itinerary
- German chocolate and beer are as common as an empanada
- Steak is so delicious you wouldn’t dare ruin it with sauce or side dishes
- A mountain isn’t complete without a glacier growing off it
- There are so many wild horses the can’t be broken
Have you ever been to Argentina? Any of these things ring true for you?
Get the HoneyTrek Newsletter
Keep in touch on Facebook
Follow @HoneyTrek on Twitter
Popular Posts12/12/12 architecture beach best of biking boat Bolivia brazil camping chile City Guide city living crampon culture elephants fish fishing food friends glacier hike Hikes hitchhike hotels in transit islands Jungle kayak lake mountains natural wonders patagonia river road trip safari SeeingDesign temple temples trek trekking Video vineyards Water Adventures wine You Know Your'e In...
Read HoneyTrek in many languages
Our HoneyTrek Began...
- 687 days ago