In African travel, Kenya has just about everything—savannah, jungles, mountains, beaches, wildlife, tribal people, colonial charm, and enough character to make you fall in love with the country, quirks and all. After spending one unforgettable month here, you know you are in Kenya when…
- Air traffic controllers have to double as game wardens.
- Ferris wheels are scarier than roller coasters.
- Missionaries get a little over zealous.
- You use your horn so often it looks a inside of a fraternity sofa.
- The parks so beautiful National Geographic can’t even do them justice.
- The Geek Squad’s specialty lies in Commodore 64 and Apple 2c.
- Your kitchen utensils can be larger than a piece of furniture. (Check that coconut grater!)
- Instead of bumper-to-bumper traffic it’s hoof to hoof on the narrow streets of Lamu.
- Corruption is so common, there is no reason beat around the bush.
- “Standing room only” suddenly sounds spacious.
- There is such an abundance of safari vehicles the old ones retire as tow trucks.
- Ladders look more like a Tim Burton creation than a Home Depot purchase.
- There’s always room for one more bag of rice/bushel of corn/family of four on your truck bed.
- You prefer a bag on your head to a backpack.
Get the HoneyTrek Newsletter
Keep in touch on Facebook
Follow @HoneyTrek on Twitter
Popular Posts12/12/12 architecture beach best of biking boat Bolivia brazil camping chile City Guide city living crampon culture elephants fish fishing food friends glacier hike Hikes hitchhike hotels in transit islands Jungle kayak lake mountains natural wonders patagonia river road trip safari SeeingDesign temple temples trek trekking Video vineyards Water Adventures wine You Know Your'e In...
Read HoneyTrek in many languages
Our HoneyTrek Began...
- 688 days ago